Sunday, October 31, 2004

Boo!

Friday, 10/29
AM: Friday in Charm City. Yeehaaaaa. Got out for a decent run in the morning, 65min, 10.5 miles. Ran up from Mt. Vernon area up to Hopkins, through Wynman park, and to Druid Hill Park, and back. The first 2.5 miles are uphill, and so the last 2.5 are downhill, which makes for some odd paced runs. There is a decent, ghetto little trail behind Hopkins which I like to run, and a grass strip that I also run on. Not a bad run. Did some 100 pushups, some situps.
PM: 5 miles, 34 min. Ran back up Charles St. again to corner of University. Ran as daylight was waning, and at least one homeless guy heard me coming and jumped around like he was preparing to fight/be attacked in the dark. This always adds a bit of adrenaline to the run, but I will try to get out earlier.

Slept much of the afternoon, tried to get a little work done, but it felt good to rest up. Checked for College Conference results a lot. Sad to see Princeton fade to 6th at Heps. Almost went to see race, but decided too much travel. One year, a teammate blamed lack of cheering for subpar performances at heps in the throws. So, guys, sorry, I'll take the blame for the loss at Vvan Cortlandt. I should have been there to cheer you to victory. Princeton is a talented team, but they've been slipping ever since my freshmen year, when we were dominant. Lots of young guys, whom I don't even know, I hope they are winners; I think success at Heps is much about attitude and intangibles. Rough inauguration for Coach Dolan, who I met last summer and seems to be a good guy. Not as 'hard-core' or 'bad-ass' as Brady, but a nice guy. Villanova also didn't do superbly well, 4th in a strong Big East, but props to Bobby Curtis for winning individually.
I went to a Hopkins Med. School Halloween party friday night. Yeehaaa again. I had a dandy cowboy outfit and ate/drank as much as I could to get $'s worth. That being said, I ate/drank a substantial amount. Yeehaaa, it was a fun night and Stacy drove home. My favorite costumes were either the people as lamp-posts (functional lights), or the Reno 911 cop. The cowboy belt I borrowed from home was a bit large and my pants were drooping. Yeehaa.

Saturday 10/30
AM: got out earlier than yesterday for an easy 5 miles. Ran down through inner harbor to federal hill. This is a big hill with a flag on it looking out on the harbor. pretty cool run, yet there were police all over the hill this morning on lookout, which was odd. Also a dj was playing out on the harbor bc there was a walk-a-ton dealy that I was weaving through.
Ate a substantial breakfast.
PM: Did about 3 mile warm-up direct to Druid Hill Park. This, interestingly enough, is where the R&B group Dru Hill got their name. I look for them when I run there, rapping in the trees, but haven't seen them yet. Over the summer, though, thugs do come out in this ghetto park, riding real and miniature motorcycles.
Anyway, managed to get in a decent workout. 3 X loops around the reservoir for a 22.5 min. tempo run at a good pace (probably more than 4.25, but less than 4.5 miles). I tried to push it, but could only do so much alone.
Quote of the day: "You're awesome!" from an unidentified female pedestrian, who was impressed that I did the whole lap and was back while she only went like 100m.
Did some strides and then a 3 mile cooldown back. A few drills (fast feet, high knees) but not too much.

Went to the supermarket. Cans of frosting were on sale and Stacy purchased me 2. This was always a favorite snack in college--can't beat a fresh can of frosting and bag of cookies. I gave these up for a little last spring, but now I'm back on the can, I suppose. It's good stuff.

Basically just tried to get some work done. Midterm on monday. Spoke with Matt, who is running Marine Corps tomorrow and wished him luck. It's unseasonably warm, and I hope that doesn't slow things down. Also, there is increased security which sounds like a hassle. I bet I could do an all right marathon right now. Well, maybe not. Never mind.

A cheery Halloween to all and to all a good night

Cheers
MDB

PS Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. If you don't I don't care, I'll show you my underwear.

PPS Thinking about creating a better format that makes more sense, but for now, crazy jumbled training log based is what it is!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home