Thursday, July 27, 2006

HOOOOO-lgate

Princeton Representin

Floyd Landis, who hails from my homeland of Lancaster, has just tested positive for high testosterone levels, which further wounds the credibility of cycling. I feel a medley of disbelief and disenchantment, and concern for the fate of athletics. I'll try to reserve judgment until further facts come to light, as there could be extenuating circumstances. One can only hope...

On a happier note, here's a tremendous shave the yetti game.

Here are my non-enhanced practices:

Mon: 6/5/2006
76 min, 11.5 miles or so.
Easy run up and around Dru Hill, and Wynman park near JHU.


Tues: 6/6/2006
17 min warm up to the reservoir at Dru Hill.
35:00 workout for ~ 6 mile fartlek around reservoir, consisting of 400m hard, 200m easy (200s around 1 min). The 400m are marked off on the road, but who knows how accurate. Splits: 74, 73, 73, 74, 74.9, 74, 75, 73, 74, 74, 75, 75, 74, 75, 76, 74.
15.5 min cooldown.
Workout in trainers, because if I changed my shoes there they'd likely walk off and disappear. Really a rather ghetto workout. Some people yelled at me at one point to "run for your life". I decided not to debate whether they would really kill me.

Wed: 6/7/2006
62 min
Ran to the famous Fort McHenry. Hordes of police were out doing some training training of their own. I enjoy the view of the harbor here. My left achilles tightened up a lot the 2nd half.

Thurs: 6/8/2006
Drove North to the NCR trail to escape Charm City.
19.5 min warmup, ~2.5 miles.
6 mile tempo at NCR trail in 32:20, around 5:23 pace.
19.5 min, 2.5 mile cooldown.
Really warm, humid run. Felt uninspired, and like I should've been quicker. Ran into former teammate K. Savage, who was manning a promotional van in the parking lot. Rather random. He offered free shoes, but didn't have my size.
Fri 6/9/2006

Hopped on an aeroplane to Ohio with JB this morning in a quest to attend the Bigham-Ordway Wedding. We had an extremely early flight, and made it to Columbus for a morning run with the Ordmaster.
77 min
Only 10 miles?!
Josh actually noted that we were possibly running too quickly. In truth, my achilles pained me, possibly from lack of sleep. Look for Josh's account here.

Following the run, we ate all we could at an all-u-can eat pizza place (see photo), visited the fabled Columbus Running Company, and headed to Defiance/Holgate. Great fiesta-ing ensued later on.

Sat 6/10/2006
We managed to arise at a decent hour and cover 1 hr 51 min for a long run. Although we were out for quite a time, probably only covered 15 miles. We got Jeff out there for some physical fitness the hours before his wedding. He tried to keep running for the hills, but we corralled him back.

The wedding and the reception were smashing and I'm fortunate to have attended. We partied like it was 1999.

It was Josh's b-day and we tried to talk him up. I might have trumpeted his workout of 100 X sub-4 min miles, which was clearly an exaggeration. He only did like 20.

Sun: 6/11/2006
Spent some quality time in the O-way basement. Also met Josh's replacement, Prince, a 135-lb Rottweiler that eats cats.

Here's a video of Josh, cruisin around town, rappin up a storm.

When Jon and I returned, we went out for 47 min, so say 7 miles around the bike path trails of Ellicott City. The pace felt
3X as fast as anything earlier in the weekend.

Weekly Total: 74 miles. Not bad, yo. Really run down, though from all the happenings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home