Saturday, November 20, 2004

Toga! Toga! Toga!

AM: Got out for about 8.5 miles, or 56 min relaxed. Kinda tired from Friday, taking an easy day. I snuck onto the Overbrook golf course, even though today I decided to wear the brightest running clothes that I possess: an orange long-sleeve Princeton shirt and fluorescent green Adidas basketball shorts. Irregardless, I decided to go for the g-course and try to blend in with the scenery. The perimeter and some of the interior provided about 18min of good grass running. I avoided a short section which goes by the maintenance area, and noticed 3 laborers outside. Once I get asked to leave, it will make it harder to run there when I want to. After this jaunt, I swung by Ithan elementary school, where I found a bike path to explore. This is the first bikepath that I've seen with speed bumps. That's right, the path had little mounds every so often on the steep and narrow path. Pretty humorous, especially since it looked like the little buggers had been using the bumps as bike jumps, as I would probably have done. Ahh... I miss the Antelope. I also swung through the woods at a puny Radnor park that I periodically frequent.

After some mental labor through the day, my parents came to take Stacy and I out for dinner at a nice, cozy Greek taverna. They read good reviews in the Philly Inquirer, and I would say that the place lived up to its good name. I ordered salmon, as I never cook and consume fish all by my lonesome. (Yes, mom, I changed the one blog passage to which you objected).

Good luck to those racing in Philly tomorrow morning (marathon and 8K), wanted to be there, but... it's early and I have junk to do.

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home