Monday, February 14, 2005

Ich ben blog

Now for a quick weekend wrap-up!
Total weekly mileage: 80 miles, 8 runs. This was a good week of running, I reckon. Achilles was feeling good until Friday's workout wrecked it a bit. I am icing more now. Might hop in a road race next weekend to try to pick up a little ca$h. Stay tuned.
Sunday, 2.13.05:
1 hour 39 minutes, 14.5-15 miles. Ran up to Druid Hill Park via Wynman Park. Changed directions abruptly up at Dru Hill bc I thought I might have seen Remus, the guy who keeps calling me (I don't answer). Circumnavigated the reservoir 3 times. Achilles was rather sore, I was also sore from the Pilates action yesterday. Got some work done during the day for a change, enjoyed some Indian food eating stuff I couldn't pronounce, and cheered on the Simpsons. I tried to email my parents but their spam blocker filtered me out. Ouch.
Congrats to David Dean for his hot new blog.
Saturday, 2.12.05
68 min, 10+ miles. Also Pilates and pushups. Ran up around Druid Hill park. This was a nice run, achilles a bit sore. Someone spray-painted "Duck" about a dozen times throughout the park by Hopkins. I was waiting for a "Goose" at the end, but the punchline never materialized. Those darn kids.
Some crazy guy started to run with me on my way back through those mean city streets. I think he was trying to show off to a group of other humans. I gestured to him and taunted--"You can't catch me!" and through in a surge, sore achilles and all. I turned around to comment that I was running 10 miles, but he was already fading off into the horizon.
Should've caught up on work tonight, but spent most of the time searching for European travel deals. Did you know that hotels in London don't automatically come with bathrooms? This "en suite" or private feature can cost $50 extra a day! Urinating in Gatorade bottles (the real man's urinal) here I come...
Friday, 2.11.05
22min warm up. Ran with Villanova lads over to Haverford for mile repeats. Did first 2 in grass (bit muddy), 3rd was comprised of in/out 200s on the track, and finished up with another mile in the mud. HR was hovering around 184 much of the time. Now that I rethink, this is probably fine, if not low. I don't fully recall what my HR should be. As is typical, Marcus cut the workout short, even though Milos really wanted to do more. I would've like to do another, but I know that my achilles will be sore tomorrow, so I don't need to really push it.
5:02, (68rest), 5:06, (2:59rest), 5:07 (comprised of: 33.0, 43.5, 32.9, 44.9, 31.7, 44.0, 32.6, 44.9), (2:27rest), 5:05. Cool, windy.
22min cool down. Total for day: at least 10.5 miles.

Baird Rules,

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home