Saturday, July 09, 2005

I just brushed my teeth and I'm going to bed, but I'm hungry again

Saturday!, 7.9.05
AM: 49 min, Oh around 7 miles. Ran up above Hopkins undergrad campus. Spent afternoon trying to assemble a dum-dum table from Ikea. It should've been simple, but a few of the holes were drilled incorrectly and I'll have to return the table legs tomorrow for the now-quadripelegic table.
PM: 44 min. Ugh. Really hot out, and I was feeling ever so slow. Ran towards the Inner Harbor, but turned around once I got close to the hordes of baseball fans there for the Orioles vs. Red Sox Clash (Orioles won in front of 4th largest crowd of Camden Yards history). Ran around neighborhoods, found a quicker way to Dru hill park (only about a dozen minutes). This run was a crawl, only call it 6 miles.

Had to get back to go to Baltimore Shakespeare Festival, which I recommend to anyone in the area. Stacy and I shared a picnic prior to watching "The Merry Wives of Windsor", an entertaining, and relatively shallow comedy starring the infamous John Falstaff (famous line alert: the world's mine oyster). By sitting on a blanket, we had priority seating and watched from the front row (within spitting distance of stage). To describe the experience in one word, I'd have to say: supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Friday 7.8.05
AM: 1 hour. Ravenous, man-eating rains this morning. Very uninspired run, did some loops around neighborhood, park, etc. At least some kid waiting at his busstop was impressed by me, and waved.
PM: 14 min. Well, I always run longer than this, but 2 miles was all I had the time for today. Drove down to Baltimore an hit the roads, and saw Stacy driving down St. Paul St. towards me about a mile out. I raced her home, able to keep up due to the many streetlights. She just barely vanquished, and shamed me.
We went to Stacy's friend's b-day party by the Inner Harbor. Lots of med-school mumbo jumbo talk, but at least there was a cat and a cake involved.

Thursday 7.7.05
Really tired, so slept in and skipped morning run.
70 min in afternoon, out along Radnor Trail. Really hungry .as I ran late and run was a bit of a drag. Felt a lot better after doing 8 X 100+m strides at the end over at Agnes Irwin school.

Wed.
AM: 30 min relaxed morning run.
76 min. Longer run today. Around Willows perchance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home