Saturday, October 08, 2005

Koneecheewa (recovered post)

Note: I just recovered this post from 3 months ago, which I thought was eaten by cyberspace in Japan. No doubt it is now obsolete, but I publish it here for the sake of posterity.

10.8.05
Greetings from Japan,

A quick wasabi from the Far East. I am at a comic book store/anime seller/internet cafe in Izumo. 1 hour for 250 yen, not a bad deal. Today was a good day, which included a fancy lunch with the Mayor of Izumo, VP of Japanase college athletics, and a number of other city officials. We also went to a samaurai horseback archery exhibition at a local, well-known shrine.  Later, I took an onsen (public hot bath) and had a Japanese dinner.

The run this morning was pretty good. We ran 77min out to the Sea of Japan along a bike path running along a canal. Very cool when we got to the ocean. Unfortunately, we got a little lost on the way back. Fortunately, we had Ed who could ask directions for us. We hit a decent clip on the way back, 11-12 miles. Looks like Jack made an executive decision to run me on the 5k leg here on Monday.

10.9.05
27min. This was a late run around Izumo. We arrived after a monumental journey, ate a decent meal, and then shuffled out for a run. I took a quick onsen and then passed out after being up and traveling over 24 hours.

10.8.05
31.5 min. This is all I could get in at 545 this morning before beginning my long trek to Japan. Drive to the airport (1hr), flight to Chicago (2.5hrs), flight to Tokyo (12.5 hrs), bus to other airport (1 hr), flight to Izumo (1 hr), plus a lot of downtime. Quite a tiring endeavor. Caught Dr Dolittle, Fantastic 4, and most of About a Boy on the Airplane flight. Luckily, my seat was upgraded to an aisle seat in Economy Plus.

That is all. Sionara.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home