Friday, September 22, 2006

M-I-C-K-E-Y



Disney World is pretty awesome. Universal Studios, as well.

Stacy and I headed South to Orlando at the end of July. I won air travel and hotel accomodations to Orlando for winning a race last year. This hotel was near the airport, so I rented a car, which made us highly mobile. The highlight of our car trips included trips to Chipotle and McDonald's.

On the first full day, we went to Universal Studios. This was a new park for me, and we went to both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. I of A consisted of more rollercoasters and thrill rides, while U S consisted of more movie rides and 3d movies. The day was quite hot and crowded, but enjoyable. We went pretty strong all day to maximize the # of rides experienced. I especially enjoyed the 3d spiderman rollercoaster-type ride, and the 3d shrek movie was well-done. The hulk roller coaster had about 1000 upsidedown parts, which was quite an experience. In the end, I dominated the Hulk without fear or apprehension.

The next day we headed to the Magic Kingdom, after checking into a new hotel, this time on Disney property. Today was hot as well, and we stood profusely sweating watching the mid-day parade. I allowed a brief sojourn during the afternoon, because we went back and stayed quite late--till about 1 am. The park was open extra late for super special resort hotel guests, such as ourselves. We got to sit in the front of the log flume Briar Rabbit ride, which was tantillizing, though we both got soaked at like 10pm. Touring the haunted house at midnight was another novel experience. Nothing beats Disney.

The next day, we hung out at the pool before catching a flight back to Baltimore.

The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home