Saturday, March 19, 2005

Flash Results

Tim Broe won my local road race today (Photo above is him leading the Olympics last summer). It was a little disconcerting when I saw him appear on my shoulder after a mile. This guy was a total ringer--beating out local guys for like $100. Go back to Athens, freak. Anyway, I won my age group (translation: finished out of the money), by running a 15:05 5K on the windy, sometimes hilly course in Haddonfield NJ. Todd Williams (US 15k record holder) was also there, but only jogged. Karl Savage (Zap Fitness?) came in 2nd, followed by Mike (Bryn Mawr), a PTC guy, Ross (Bryn Mawr), and me. Bob Kennedy, my hero during adolescence, shot the gun to commence the footrace. I felt a bit flat and not much like racing, but did all right. Bryn Mawr paid the way and encouraged us to run, so I did. We handily won the team competition. Further updates to come later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home