Sunday, October 09, 2005

Live from Izumo

The plane flight here was quite a long endeavor. I left my Ardmore place around 7am Thursday and got to my hotel in Izumo around 9pm Friday (13 hour time difference). Everyone in Japan has been very nice to us. We have experienced a nice and official lunch with the mayor and other officials, who chilled with us later at a samaurai horseback archery exhibition at the famous Izumo shrine. I have taken 2 onsens so far (hots springs baths). Today we took in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony at a local garden/estate. We also went to an electronics store, where my favorite gadget was a chair that gave very strong and human like massage. Tomorrow is the big race, where our team hopes to have a very respectable, top-10 finish against the top teams in Japan.
Mark, our super-anal interpretor/babysitter/guide, is rushing me. Thus, I must leave. How did he find us here anyway?
10.9.05
28min, some strides
10.8.05
77min
10.7.05
27min
10.605
31min

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home